Monday, June 14, 2010

Vintage Dress Finds

Thanks to this post from Kjrsten, I decided to hit the town with my boys and see what I could find as far as vintage dresses. I did not leave disappointed!  My boys did pretty good, but by the time I got to this dress shop they were fed up.  Luckily the shop owner entertained them while I rushed to try these dresses on.  I got the gingham dress for $10 after bartering down with the owner. It is from the 1930's and has some great touches, such as the sleeves. It needs a couple of new buttons (I might end up replacing all of them), and it has a small tear by one of the buttons which is an easy fix. I want to get a petticoat slip to wear underneath, and I'll pair it with a black belt or sash.
The black dress is my favorite.  I wish this picture did it justice.  It is a L'Aiglon dress from the 1950's, and is in perfect condition.  I got it for $24, which I have found is a great deal after looking at other L'Aiglon dresses on eBay and Etsy.  This is my last week of nursing my baby since he turns 1 on Saturday, and I cannot wait to be done and be able to wear a dress just like this.  I could write an entire post about how excited I am to be done nursing.  I'm not quite sure yet how I'm going to do it, but this is the week, so wish me luck!  I'm also hoping I lose some weight and fit better into this dress!

5 comments:

Madeline said...

That black dress is to die for. love

Heather said...

Very chic. Can't wait to see you in them!

Kate said...

That black one is beautiful! I have been looking for a vintage black dress, can't wait to see you in it! Where did you find such a steal?!?

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I am excited to see you in these!! and I TOTALLY know where you are coming from on the nursing front...I have been thinking to stop myself...but I won't, since he hates all formula. so I will push on. only 4 more months, I can do it right?!

tharker said...

Must know where you found these! I can't wait to see them on you.