Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Finishing Touches




Wow, what a day!  I've hardly had time to breathe, let alone think!  I don't know if I've hit this point home enough, but let me just say we have some amazing sponsors.  I want to thank every single one of them from the bottom of my heart.  A special shout out to River Stone Dental, EdenCrest Day Spa, Photography by Meg, my wonderful mother (for watching the boys today) and Cameo Heights Mansion for all of their work.  That is not to discount all of the other sponsors, and what they've done!!!  I used every last penny that was donated.    

Today was non-stop.  I first ran over 4 miles starting at 6:15 am (not that it has anything to do with the makeover, but man, that's a long run for me!).  Then Sarah came to my house at 8:30 to try on outfits.....again.  Then I had to be at the salon by 11.  Then the rest of the afternoon is a blur.  I had to run to the mall, to Target, back and forth from the salon, to my house (had to feed that baby of mine).  It was so fun to see Sarah get pampered by all of the wonderful ladies at the salon.  I know the dentist office took equally good care of her.  She is so proud of her smile now!  



The only resistance we met from Sarah was in the hair department, but Kori helped her see the vision and she finally put her trust in us, and let us go forward.  I'm sure it's difficult to make such a drastic change, so I appreciate her being a great sport.   

It was so windy for the photo shoot, but of course the amazing Meg, made it work in her favor.  I CANNOT wait to see the pictures.  Meg is the best!  She even so kindly took photos of the EdenCrest Day Spa staff, as well as yours truly.  Maybe I should have had her take my picture on a day when I wasn't running around like CRAZY.  

Tomorrow morning we have to be at KVEW bright and early!  I just spoke to the owners of Cameo Heights Mansion, and they will actually be on Good Morning Northwest as well.  What a coincidence!  So, make sure to watch tomorrow morning.  

I am not going to reveal the final look until tomorrow morning after the show. I will of course post links on here to the news show.  It's going to be amazing, let me just say that!!  Sarah's husband looked like he was in shock when he saw her for the first time.  He said, "looks like I've got myself a new girlfriend!"  Very cute!

1 comment: